. . GP (1000x) concentrate - 10 litre Drum|
* AlgaBoost (+1000x) GP base is an 0.2 micron-filtered, 2 part, concentrate of GP medium base, for culture of marine microalgae.
* Makes: 10,000 litres of GP medium at final concentration.
* Nutrient Balance: When added to your seawater + freshwater mix (seawater : freshwater = 3 : 1 ) according to the accompanying instructions, this formulation will provide the following nutrient levels (Loeblich and Smith, 1968):
|Nutrient||Final conc per litre (g/l)|
|Vit B12||0.001 mg|
|Thiamine HCl||0.1 mg|
* To Make GP base: Pour 1 litre from the 10 litre Drum (Part A) into a sterile culture bag. Add 10ml from the 100 ml bottle of Part B. Add 750 litres of sterile seawater + 250 litres of sterile fresh-water. Mix and aerate and you've got 1000 litres of GSe base
* To Make Full GP (with soil extract): Pour 1 litre from the 10 litre drum (Part A) into a sterile culture bag. Add 10ml from the 100 ml syringe of Part B. Add 5 litres of soil extract. Add 750 litres of sterile seawater + 250 litres of sterile fresh-water. Mix and aerate and you've got 1000 litres of Full GSe medium
* Reference: Loeblich, A.R and Smith, V.E. "Chloroplast pigments of the marine dinoflagellate Gyrodinium resplendens": Lipids 3: 5-13, 1968.* Sterility preparation; concentrate is 0.2 micron filtered.